25 August, 2004

God Save the Queen


Today, in my little corner of the web, I fly the Union Jack. I do it to say thank you to the Brits for standing with us in our current terrorism entanglements. More specifically, thanks to Mr. Blair for having the understanding that regarding Iraq, any free country is within its moral and legal rights to eliminate a despotic regime at any time it chooses, whether or not weapons of mass destruction exist. Unlike many of your weaker European counterparts, you understand that the terrorism problem belongs to all civilized countries, not just the U.S., the U.K., and Israel. Mr. Blair, your IRON WILL in the face of intense dissent around the world and at home is reminiscent of Churchill, a man we Americans are still fascinated with even today...

My prediction regarding the genocide in Sudan: after weeks of ceaseless hand-wringing at the United Nations and a number of pointless meetings, your weaker-stomached European counterparts will throw up their hands after all their token efforts to stop the genocide have failed. Guess who will get the call to clean the mess up? The only two major industrialized countries with the spine to clean it up. The Brits and the Yanks. My bet is that the phones of Mr. Blair and Mr. Bush will be ringing soon. Mr. Annan will be on the line.

It's no wonder to me that the United States has become such a powerful and dynamic nation. My opinion is that it's because we come from good stock. So thank you from this American. You can bet that my tourism dollars won't be spent in Paris...

No comments: