03 April, 2006

Tornado!

Some excellent excitement on the natural disaster front- As you may have seen on the national news, Caruthersville was hit hard by a large tornado Sunday night. My trusty NOAA weather radio alerted me about 1/2 hour before it reached our area, so my family and I temporarily relocated to a friend's house in Arkansas. It turned out to be a great decision - houses within sight of ours were totally destroyed. With moderate damage to the house, your host has survived to write plenty more drivel here at D.R., so stay tuned!

2 comments:

The Last American said...

In describing a tornado, I don't know that the words I would have chosen are "Excellent excitement."

:)

Dennis said...

Perhaps that wasn't the best choice in wording... but you've no doubt become accustomed to that here, yes? The down side to all this is that life as a refugee isn't all that fun, but we have a place to stay while the power and water is out. Wait a minute! I can't call myself a refugee! We learned from Katrina the racist connotations of that word. No. I am temporarily displaced citizen. Yeah. That's better.