03 September, 2004

El Presidente is coming

On Monday, El Presidente Bush is coming to Poplar Bluff, one of the small towns here in third-world Missouri. Since not a lot of big news goes down here, everyone seems to be excited. I won't be going to see the Pres, but I am glad that the spotlight is on our often ignored little corner of Missouri.

I'm sure that our local CBS station, KFVS12 (Cape Girardeau), will be on this like white on rice... I bet that one of the local anchors gets pulled off the desk to go cover this event, like when Dan Blather goes to Iraq or some other hot spot. Channel 12 seems to focus the local news coverage on Cape and Southern Illinois, their largest markets, so it will be nice to see a little reporting elsewhere in the region for a change. I am happy for them, maybe the big media hotshots that travel with the Pres will give them a little elbow room to cover this rare news story for our sleepy little region!

No comments: