25 September, 2004

Stolen Missouri Logo?

I've only been a Caruthersville resident for about a year now. When I moved here, I immediately recognized the local high school athletic logo as the University of Missouri logo, with only some color change. This -
is what is on Caruthersville School District's web page. THIS is an official Missouri web page. Note the similarity...

I'm surprised that the University allowed a high school to copy the logo. If Mizzou did allow it, good for Caruthersville. They have a decent team again this year, and a good logo to match!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My old high school's logo was an exact replica of the University of Georgia's Bulldog (we were the Forsyth Central Bulldogs). I don't know if copying the logo was done in coordination with UGA or not, but it seems to happen a lot with high school teams here in Georgia.

- Sean