26 December, 2004

And in the Karma Department...

An old woman nearly collided with me on the road today. Apparently, I didn't get the memo that the United States switched to driving in the left lane, as the Brits do. Fortunately, she finally saw me and swerved back into the right lane, narrowly avoiding a head-on collision (Thanks, AARP, for actively working against various proposals among the states to retest drivers at certain ages- my kids thank you for their increased risk due to your pandering to the elderly).
Needless to say, I was briefly angry, but later saw the same woman stopped by a policeman- apparently receiving a ticket for running a stop sign... My day has been made!

1 comment:

Chandira said...

Sheeet, you should see them in Florida!! We just got back from a nightmare visit. Senile driver's heaven. One of them a relative of mine, at 82, turned straight into the path of a fast approaching vehicle, with me on the passenger side, bearing the brunt. We barely missed. I was scared. Don't know how she's made it to 82.

I say revoke licences of the 75+ unless tested regularly.