30 November, 2005

Financial Television

Are any of you hooked on financial television? Uncle Jack suggests that CNBC is just financial cheerleading. Maybe he's right, I don't know. Jack seems like a fairly sensible financial guy most of the time. I'm thinking of blogrolling him.
So what do you think? Does financial TV do more harm than good? Do shows like Cramer's Mad Money harm the market, or do they educate and give perspective to small investors? I've personally found Cramer to be highly entertaining, and helpful to some degree in terms of market psychology... Discuss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometine in the late 1990's I came to the same conclusion that Uncle Jack holds. I called it stock cheerleading.

Dennis said...

dpick- If you are who I think you are, it's great to have a good friend from my past reading my boring blog! Feel free to comment away and slap me around a bit when I get out of line... In fact, consider writing a guest post occasionally.

Anonymous said...

I would argue that shows like Cramer's do absolutely no damage to "the market". If anything Cramer viewers provide liquidity that might not otherwise be there.