25 November, 2005

Murder on Turkey Day

In personal (good) news, I've recently caught up with a number of friends from St. Louis, Atlanta, and Mississippi... Always glad to hear what they're up to- It's a shame that I don't get to see them any more than I do these days...

Wednesday, this wreck occured on Interstate 55, within a few miles of my office and on my daily commute (Suburban vs. Tanker truck, nearly head-on) . Nasty crash, with lots of fire. These folks were off to a family gathering one minute, dead the next. I heard that a wheel on the Suburban could have come off entirely, causing the vehicle to cross into the northbound lanes... It took most of the afternoon to get everything cleaned up... Traffic was messed up all day long- a rarity for such a rural stretch of road.

And finally, yesterday a man from Hayti shot and killed his ex, and he was arrested here in Caruthersville that afternoon. Seems that Pemiscot county law enforcement was on its toes. Maybe he'll get more than a few years jail time...

No comments: